Sparkmaster

In The Industry
Aug 2, 2008
Conway SC
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have no numbers "BUT" maybe you can steer me in the right direction for my friend... New Inground pool (16x32) Gunite SWG. 2 weeks now 24 hours a day the pump running and they (The pool company) are taking care of the pool for the first month. Well the pool is green and slimy now, almost black a few days ago so I was told. Should I go there with my pool test kit for some numbers or some advice please.. Thanks

Well the pool is green and slimy now, almost black a few days ago
That would require the SLAM Process, but you can't do a SLAM until at 30 days after installing new plaster. Your friend is kind of stuck, but it gives him/her time to order their own TF-100 test kit. :)

Is this normal though??
We don't know a whole lot without some good test results and perhaps a pic or two of the water, but based on your description above it has algae. When the new pool was started-up, it should've been chemically maintained after day 3 to prevent an algae bloom. If not, well, it's water under the bridge now. A SLAM Process would be next.

Reactions: Sparkmaster
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.