Wormydog1724

Sep 21, 2022
North Texas Panhandle
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
New gunite pool, in-floor cleaning system, spa.

I have the valves and most of the water flow figured out. We live in the Texas panhandle and we had one heck of a dust storm which filled the pool up with dirt. We opted not to close the pool this year because the cover was just too expensive and it wouldn't have been made in time before winter anyways, a neighbor built a pool at the same time and ordered a cover and still doesn't have his. I already drained down the spa and swept it through it's drain then refilled so its 97% clean, good enough for now. But the pool is a dirt disaster.

I have skimmers in the shallow end and deep end but as far as I can tell they don't suck back to the filter. There's a valve on the output side of the pump/filter that seems to increase or decrease 'suction' on the skimmers which return water back into the pool via a little output below the skimmer.

As far as I can tell, the only inputs to the pump/filter are the main floor drain, and a two side wall drains (and the spa drain when in spa mode). Also we have a leaf trap that has a ton of suction that I'm pretty sure comes from both the floor and side drains. My understanding is, Water from pool goes from main/side drains, through leaf trap (i believe its a paramount, clear lid with paramount on it if that matters), then to the pump and through the filter, then back out either through the bottom of the skimmers and the in-floor cleaners. Again that's just my understanding of my pool's plumbing but I feel like I'm missing something for attaching a manual vacuum. It has four cartridge filters.

Growing up we had a pool and we would connect a hose to a skimmer cover and vacuum it through the skimmer and through the filter. If I connect something like that to our skimmers, I'm pretty sure it'll just blow water back out into the pool. Whenever I empty the skimmers and a few leaves fall out of the basket, they go through the bottom and back out into the pool.

I cannot figure out where or how to connect a vacuum and hose. The in-floor cleaners have worked great all winter but this dust storm just dumped too much dirt in the pool. Every time we sweep it the entire pool turns black, and sure it settles and the in-floors help push it around and I'm sure eventually it would all go through and get caught in the filter, but it's driving me crazy having it so dirty. If I could vacuum it through the filter manually, I think it would be a lot quicker and ease my mind for having a clean pool again.

Your pool was not designed to do vacuum cleaning through a skimmer. You need to look at alternatives.

Pool companies have standalone pool vacuum rigs with a pump that plugs in and output to waste.

full

Or get a robot pool cleaner to vacuum the pool floor when the IFCS cannot handle the dirt.

You are seeing the limitations of a IFCS.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.