Help-fast! Base for Intex Ultra XTR in Iowa

I didn’t use foam under mine, just the dirt, scraped down to solid layer. A thin layer of sand, just for foot feel, but you don’t need it. i used a heavy duty tarp cuz the Intex ground cloth was flimsy, a gorilla pad, then the pool.

Reactions: Newdude
I used a thin layer of sand to level, then a heavy-duty tarp topped with these anti-fatigue mats from Harbor Freight. Taped the seams to ensure they wouldn't separate, and trimmed around the paver supports. Once the pool was up, I carefully trimmed the mats and tarp even with the edge of the pool. Very cushy on the feet - my daughter loves it, compared to our previous set-up, which was just a thin layer of sand and was much harsher on the feet.

Anti-Fatigue Foam Mat Set, 4 Pack

I bought mine on sale for $7.99 per pack, but if they aren't on sale, HF almost always has a 20% coupon if you search a bit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I used the harbor freight anti-fatigue foam mats under my Intex 16 foot round. It feels great on the feet and gives one a feeling that the liner won't be harmed by any rocks or other debris that might migrate somehow. The Gorilla tape I used on the seams does show through but is not too objectionable. If you leave excess foam pad exposed it will weather and curl, so plan on some way to cover it to keep it from exposure to the sun. One other thing is that if you leave the ladder in the pool for any length of time the feet will form permanent divots in the foam. I remove the ladder when it's not being used. I also slip pieces of pool noodle on the ladder feet that are in the pool.
The cost is a factor but I feel it was a good investment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.