Mar 12, 2018
Saint Louis MO
Please help me decide what kind of pool cover/enclosure to install. My challenges are as follows:

4 young children who are water safe, but who will have friends visiting.

Very small “yard” in a city home - a pool fence would make the rest of the outdoor area nearly unusable. An automatic cover would, I assume, have to run on a track sitting 4’ away from the pool on the far side in order to cover the entrance on the near side.

Irregular size (see photo).

My husband works a lot, so safety apparatus needs to be easy to operate for me on my own. Ideally, it would mean pushing a button.

Attachments

• IMG_7537.jpeg
    IMG_7537.jpeg
    761.8 KB · Views: 5
In an ideal world where people who work on pools were available and reasonable and reliable, I would fill in that entrance so that the pool is rectangular, and then we could put automatic cover tracks along the coping or inside the pool or however they do that. That way, the cover would not protrude so far into the rest of the "yard" that we could get at least some use out of the back yard during this seven months of the year when the pool is closed.

However, I don’t know if our pool guy is capable of doing that and it is essentially impossible to find people to work on pools in my city. We are resurfacing right now and got a bid from a somewhat higher end company. It was $85,000. To resurface in pebbletec and retile. Yes, seriously.

Last edited: