HELP! Confused

So I went to purchase chlorine bleach and they have a limit of 2 gallons per person....Looks like I picked the right year to go SWG.

Was that liquid chlorine or household bleach?

Be ware - most household bleach has additives. Scents, splashless, fabric protection, Cloromax, etc.

Many have had luck @ lowes , Home Depot & walmart for the 10% liquid chlorine in the pool section. Also you may try a pool store near you - we have a mom & pop here that sells 12% in 2.5 gal containers with a deposit. You’ll need plenty for your slam

Reactions: mag4973
Found some...Time for the shock and awe.

great! Turn off swg & Test first! Fc & PH . Lower ph to 7.2 w/ acid. Are you planning on doing slam w/ cya of 70? Or have you exchanged any h20? If you exchanged water test cya again otherwise assume 70 cya & add enough lc to 28. It will use more chlorine but it’s understandable if you don’t wanna do the salt dance again. Follow SLAM procedure & leave swg off.

FC was around 4 before adding liquid chlorine. I didnt add/remove any water. Let it be since all my levels seem good...just cloudy water.
I dumped 8 gallons(10%) in to get a FC level above 28. Letting the pump run and going to do a FC test again.

FC was around 4 before adding liquid chlorine. I didnt add/remove any water. Let it be since all my levels seem good...just cloudy water.
I dumped 8 gallons(10%) in to get a FC level above 28. Letting the pump run and going to do a FC test again.
When i put your #s in it shows to add 7 gal. More is not necessarily better in this case it just wastes chlorine as at higher #s it burns off quicker. Also you risk bleaching your liner if you go over slam level regularly. Just keep testing & bringing it back up multiple times a day - the frequency of maintaining the slam level is what’s important.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
FC is around 35....yikes.

it will go down- lesson learned. Brush brush brush. I would test again in late tonight or in the morning as to not waste reagents. Testing & adding Several times a day at first when its really eating is important but not more than Every hour or two. You don’t have a swamp so its gonna go fairly quick probably but u gotta have POP! Pool Owner Patience ?or you’ll run out of reagents lol. Follow slam procedure to the letter & poolmath - its your recipe to sparkly h20.

The more frequently u can test fc & bring it back to slam level the faster it will go. It will be eating alot of chlorine in the beginning. Also vacuum & or brush daily! & backwash when you get to 20- 25% above clean pressure.

• Love
Reactions: lukeyn

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.