Help choosing robot

jtlup

Apr 24, 2019
Bryant, AR
Hi everyone,

I'm looking at getting a robot. Currently in the analysis-paralysis stage, but am narrowing it down... I think. One that I'm looking at is the Dolphin Cayman (with nano-filters). I used one of the robot "selectors" on a website and the Cayman was one that spit out. I like what it offers for the price. However, my pool length at it's longest is 40' and the Cayman states in its specs that max length is 33', but it has a 50' cord. My question is, what limits the size of pool with the cleaner? Is it purely the length of the cord? If so, can I not just make sure the power supply is placed near the middle of the pool and have plenty of length with the 50' cord?

Another concern I have: do these bots that have the scrubbers wear/discolor/harm a vinyl liner over time enough that I should stick with something more basic like The Pool Cleaner?

Fyi, the other bot I'm most considering is the EVO 604, so any input between these two would also be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

jt,

You are correct.. If you put the power supply in the middle of the longest part of the pool, then the cable length is not an issue..

Check out this review, if you haven't already..

I also suggest that you contact Marina Pool and Spa, and talk with Margaret before purchasing any robot...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: jtlup
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.