Joe DeRenzo

Oct 13, 2020
Gibsonia, Pa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My EC65 DE filter has had leaks repaired many times in 2 years so I need to replace. My pool is 17,500 gallons and I have a Hayward VSP 1.65 HP. I love running it at 3450 rpm- I like the water movement and clean water. I wanted to get a cartridge filter. I think my DE filter at 27 ft is undersized, so I want to oversize my cartridge filter. I’m reading cartridge filters require slow pump speeds. How slow? Can we run a 1.65 HP at 3450 rpm? I was reading I should get a 300-409 sr cartridge filter so am looking at Hayward c4030 which is 425 sf

The Hayward 4030 filter can take up to 150 GPM and 50 PSI which is more than just about any pool pump can put out. You don’t need to run a cartridge filter slow if you are willing to pay the electrical bill.

Get the largest cartridge filter that will fit your pool pad and budget.

Last edited:
Why do they say
They say you should never have a FC over 3

They say that whether your CYA is 300 or 20

They say every pool in ths land needs 3 turn overs a day, regardless of the yard around it with lots and lots, or zero falling debris.

They say you need to treat phosphates whether or not they're an issue. (They're not 98% of the time).

They say their test is free, then advise you buy 6 to 8 spendy chemicals you don't need.

They say algecide can overpower a swamp.

I could go on for days. 😁

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.