Help-Anyone had pool builder swap materials to non name brand (pebble, coping) but charge for premium?

MarleeW

Jan 21, 2021
South
We had a nightmare pool build that took two years. Many things went wrong. Poor workmanship all the way around with many issues never fully being fixed and I was told nothing could be done and I wasn’t compensated for things ruined (pebble on top of tile, mismatched coping etc). So all these aesthetic things I will have to fix. My bigger concern is I was told to pick out pebble at NPT. I chose Tropics Blue color from there and gave builder color and that NPT color was called out by name in contract and I paid upgrade for it.
Bags on job site had a different name. After pebble I texted builder asking what is this it doesn’t say the name I paid for. I was told it was their version of that.
Pavers I can’t prove yet but I have been looking at samples I got and what was on site and they are completely different.
Has anyone dealt with something like this and what was outcome?
Help!

OH MY! That does not sound like fun!!! gurrrrrrrrrrrrr

I am hoping you have any and communications with the PB in writing. THAT is going to be your biggest tool to use if/when you talk to a lawyer. If talking to the PB has not worked then it might be time to talk to a lawyer :(

Reactions: JamesW
Since the shortages, many contracts now state some form of an availability clause at the PBs discretion.

We had a nightmare pool build that took two years. Many things went wrong. Poor workmanship all the way around with many issues never fully being fixed and I was told nothing could be done and I wasn’t compensated for things ruined (pebble on top of tile, mismatched coping etc). So all these aesthetic things I will have to fix. My bigger concern is I was told to pick out pebble at NPT. I chose Tropics Blue color from there and gave builder color and that NPT color was called out by name in contract and I paid upgrade for it.
Bags on job site had a different name. After pebble I texted builder asking what is this it doesn’t say the name I paid for. I was told it was their version of that.
Pavers I can’t prove yet but I have been looking at samples I got and what was on site and they are completely different.
Has anyone dealt with something like this and what was outcome?
Help!
Did the PB provide you any type of warranty document for the pebble he used? They should provide some documentation that warranty is registered or tell you to register. That would indicate what type of pebble was used.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.