Help After Flood

When I saw the amount of flooding happening in Texas, I knew it was a matter of time before threads like this would crop up. I'm glad the TFP community has already jumped in with good information for you. It probably take time, but a working pump makes this recovery much easier. I only wish the rest of the house could be fixed as easily. Please keep us updated and we will continue to do what we can for you.

We're here for you!

This is a pool forum but I should also mention that I only had to replace carpet in the den. I was able to pull up the carpet in the living room and propped it up off the wet room, so it never got wet. I just yanked it up and rolled it up safe and sound. I only had to tear out the wet carpet padding and put in new padding (a lot cheaper than the carpet). The carpet folks was able to lay the carpet back down very easily and cheaply. If you ever get flooding, you might want to do.

So after about a month this is now what my pool looks like. Could have probably done it quicker but between work and contractors my time was limited:

I poured in a gallon of bleach in daily just to keep algae out. Didn't bother testing to much.

I added clarifier let it settle. and vacuum to waste.
refill and ran pump for awhile
BackWash
Add clarifier let it settle vacuum to waste
refill pump back wash clarifier vacuum.
Rinse and repeat

Still have to get the chemicals right. But it's pretty much done :)

13237805_1313283742034298_7969689964603357034_n.jpg.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.