Help a complete newb before hubby takes over!

So I ordered this snazzy kit recommend since my dinky kit wasn’t enough…. Especially for chlorine?

So ultimately I needed the other “chlorine drop test” to record where?

PoolMath app only asks for “Free Chlorine”?
So I ordered this snazzy kit recommend since my dinky kit wasn’t enough…. Especially for chlorine?

So ultimately I needed the other “chlorine drop test” to record where?

PoolMath app only asks for “Free Chlorine”?
Here’s instructions for the FAS-DPD with the powder. Use the 10ml test.

This is for the Taylor kit but should be almost identical.

Thank you for your help, ordered the TF100 kit.
I thought you ordered the TF100. You basically ordered the same set of tests you already had (OTO and pH), neither of which are particularly adequate, except for the most basic "Does my pool have any chlorine in it at all?" test. I'm referring to either chlorine test. The two pH tests will come in handy.

Did you get the TF100 yet?

Yes I got the TF100 but when I go to log my results into PoolMath it only asks for FC which is the basic test shown right?

I do have the “Chlorine Drop Test” powder and such but it states it makes it a different thing than FC?

1. 10ml pool water in first tube
  2. 1 heaping scoop of R-0870
  3. R-0871 until it turns clear, multiply drops by .5 to equal FC
  4. R-003 5 drops, if it turns pink you have CCs add R-0871 until clear and multiply drops by .5 again for CC ppm

Attachments

• IMG_1563.jpeg
    IMG_1563.jpeg
    413.4 KB · Views: 0

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes I got the TF100 but when I go to log my results into PoolMath it only asks for FC which is the basic test shown right?

I do have the “Chlorine Drop Test” powder and such but it states it makes it a different thing than FC?
The drop test with FAS-PDP DOES measure FC (free chlorine) and does it most accurately. That's the test you should be using 90% of the time. Not sure where you get the 'weekly' interval from - you should be measuring more frequently, probably daily, while you get to know your pool. @SoCalTFP gives you the basic instructions above to get your FC level from your TFT100 kit - do that now!

If you have not added any stabilizer yet, you should only worry about this now:
  1. Add enough CYA (stabilizer) to get you up to 30 ppm (soak via the sock method)
  2. Test your FC with the FAS-DPD test
  3. Add liquid chlorine to get you to at least 4-6ppm of chlorine. I would not hesitate to overshoot and get closer to SLAM level of 12 as you're just getting started.

Reactions: sarmbrust
You're getting lots of good advice. I think you might be confused about FC. All the chlorine tests you have now measure FC. The FAS-DPD test does it best and most accurately (and can test higher FC levels). Just use the FAS-DPD test. Others here sometimes use the OTO tester for quickie tests. I never do, and don't even own one. I only use the FAS-DPD test. You enter the results of the FAS-DPD test into Pool Math's "FC" field.

Reactions: sarmbrust
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.