Seporah

Jul 13, 2023
Spokane, Washington
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello all, I would first like to thank you all for being part of this community to help newbies like me out. My mother in law just bought a house with a pool and neither her nor I have experience managing a pool so I am here to learn.

I studied biology in college and worked in a microbiology lab for 5 years prior to starting my service for Washington State. As a drinking water regulator I enforce laws regarding coliform bacteria in an effort to prevent an E. coli contamination in public water systems. On occasion I even teach chlorination classes for employees of municipal water systems.

I feel a bit ashamed to be needing help as I work in the water industry and deal with chlorine and bacteria on a daily basis. I thought I could handle a pool, but there's many different issues at play with a pool than public drinking water systems.

With that out of the way, I am willing to admit when I don't know what I'm doing and here is one of those areas.

Reactions: mgtfp and Newdude
Riding a bull and riding a horse take 2 TOTALLY different skillets/minsets. Or a bicycle and a motorcycle. Kudos to you for not letting your ego get in the way. It never ends well that way.

We got you. :)

(Especially @mgtfp. He's SOMETHIN, huh ?)

Please chime in whenever something IS in your wheelhouse and never hesitate to ask when it isn't.

• Haha
Reactions: mgtfp
Why would you think you were ever OUT of trouble?

Because we're on trouble free pool here???

(You have to imagine this with intonation slowly rising towards the end of the sentence. Aussies are really good at that. In fact, we don't actually have to ask questions, everything sounds like a question here.)

Reactions: woodyp and Newdude