Hello TFP - new member and a quick question

Really looking forward to those TF-100 test results! :) Have good day.

Got my TF100 put on goggles and a lab coat and here are my 1st results- I tested twice, it was fun.
6/23/16 5:15pm est
FC 14.5
CC 0
CYA 55
CH 150
PH 7.5
TA - weird after 12 drops the solution turned yellow not pink

Still totally cloudy. I did perform another deep clean of the filter at 6 am est this morning
Best,
Robert

FYI - before i got the kit i brought a water sample to the local store around 10:30 am est. Kid tried to tell me my phosphates is what is clouding my pool as they are greater than 3500 and that my TA was 190, that i needed to buy a case of phosfree and 4 buckets of dry acid. I thanked him for the test and went on my way.
EDIT: I could swear that between the deep clean this morning and now there does actually appear to be a difference, but that just may be my positivity ;)

You did the right thing. :goodjob:

Update 6/25/16 - 6/26/16

Confidence is high. I got my TF-100 kit, tested a few times and a few extra, just because I like it. All numbers nominal but couldn't cleanup the cloudiness. Deep cleaned filter twice. I gave in yesterday and at 10:00 am est on 6/25/16 I decided to floc the pool, this time with a new spider gasket and working recirculate. The pictures will show that no amount of filtering from my sand filter would have cleaned out the massive amount of dead alge.

Once I suck all this gook out, I'll post a few more shots but I think I am on track. If by chance my sand filter is not doing its job and the water gets cloudy over the next week(s), i'll ponder the thought of changing sand. It's hard to gauge the amount of dead stuff, but from my perspective there is inches of gook around the edges.

6/25/16 10:00 am est. FLOC it, lets do it.

6/26/16 8:00am est

With any luck, by this afternoon, i'll be fat drunk and stupid in the pool holding a sign that reads, "Thank You TROUBLEFREEPOOL.com"

Best,
Robert

Wow. OK here is an update. From 6/23/16 - 6/30/2016 the pool just would not clear up. End of the day on the 30th, I got an algae bloom and was about to call it quits. The only thing I did not do was change the sand. On 7/1/2016 I changed the sand and was back in SLAM. My numbers before the bloom / green tint were confusing because on paper they were perfect aside from high TC. Here is the pool today post sand change and 3 days. The old sand, approx 9 years was shot. The grains felt like glass pebbles telling me the previous pump was too strong. There is no shoulda woulda coulda to this as the last thing I thought it would be is bad sand not filtering and algae actually growing in little stuck pockets, hence that being the last thing I did to solve my problem. At any rate this site has educated me to take matters into my own hands and not depend on the mafia....err pool stores.
7/4/2016

Happy 4th of July!!!!
Warmest regards,

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
oh.......yeeea End of the month update. Now i can concentrate on other things in the yard, like humping 5 tons of river and pink lady rock from the quarry supply to replace all the blue rug juniper. You would think my daughters boyfriend would help after watching me dump 10 wheelbarrow loads ? Theyr're both 22. When i was done with the pool area, he complimented it. I told him hes not allowed to put a single toe in the pool....EVER. Freakin punk. :cool:

troublefreepool.com !!! I've converted no less than 5 of my friends and showed them this website. Now they think they are all chemists. I am still waiting on my promised bottle of Aberlour......

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.