May 8, 2023
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi everyone,
As you can see from the title, we had an above ground pool installed in August 2022. First time pool owner, but we did have a spa/hot tub, so I understand water quality/testing, lol. Unfortunately we didn’t get the opportunity to use it much before we had to close it down for the winter. But when we did, it was great!

We live in the Great Lakes Area, so we experienced a lot of rain between October to December, subzero temperatures in January to March with some wet snow in March and April. So after I pumped a ton of water off of the cover, I discovered that the water level was about a foot lower than where it was in October. In my search for a reason for the dramatic loss of water, other than a leak, I found this forum and liked what I read.

Based on my research I’m going with some evaporation and water displacement from the weight of everything that was on top of the cover (I will not make the same mistake this year), but I will conduct the bucket test to make sure I don’t have a hole in the liner.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to picking your experienced minds as I refill the pool and open it up for the first time.

Reactions: rstarke