Oct 3, 2010
Cypress, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all,
I'm a 16x32 rectangle pool owner in Texas. I'm using liquid chlorine from a local chlorine bulk seller for $2.75/gallon (10% strength).

I was born with a bit of a quirk - I prefer to swim fully clothed vs wearing a typical swimsuit. A typical "swimsuit" for me consists of a long sleeve rugby shirt, blue jeans, socks, and occasionally shoes. I've been doing this as long as I can remember, so I know the impact to the clothing and etc, but what I don't fully know is if it's doing anything harmful to my pool equipment. I assume there's more lint than usual, so I have to clean my cartridges a bit more often than most, and we use a very "clean" laundry detergent (Arm & Hammer Free & Clear) which seems to not cause our hottub to suds up at all or smell flowery like scented detergent.
Is there anything else I should be concerned about with the clothing in the pool assuming it's always clean clothes (aside from being weighed down more than normal, of course, as I'm well aware of that)?

I feel like the trade-off of wearing clothes vs a whole bunch of sunscreen is probably ultimately easier on my filters and water. I also like the added benefits of not having to re-apply sunscreen and getting burnt when I forget.