Hello from Ohio

Atreyu915

Jun 17, 2023
East Central Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Hello All!
I’m so thankful to find this amazing resource and network of pool owners!
We are 10 year owners. 15k gallon 24’ above ground Baquacil pool.
I’ve enjoyed learning every season how to better manage our water. I’ve also had multiple occasions where I’ve been ready to permanently close it due to cloudy water, and mold.

This year in our journey - we purchased a pool heater - as our water temp never gets overly warm here in Ohio - and the solar cover in my opinion is more hassle than it’s worth. So far we are very pleased with our investment in the 200k BTU heater. The water temp is wonderful!

being 10 years in, I’ve been forming many theories about chemicals, pool store testing, test strips and overall maintenance of the water. We’ve enjoyed many seasons of crystal clear sparkling water (typically always a cloudy period in those seasons but I honestly attribute that to me still being ignorant in how to meticulously maintain).

We use new sand each year. For the past two seasons our water has been dull. Clear but dull. I couldn’t figure it out. I was lost on how to remedy this and the advice from the pool store wasn’t helping. Then I found your site and began reading every article in the Pool School and searching various topics on your forum. It was there that I found what was most likely the culprit. For the past two season I had switched from sand to xeobrite. Two weeks ago I decided immediately to change media back to sand. The results were significant. Water is back to a clear, sparkling deep blue.

I’m now putting a plan together for purchasing a home test kit and planning a conversion from aquasilk( my local pool store stopped distributing bacquacil a couple seasons ago and went to GLB aquasilk) to Chlorine.

Sorry for the lengthy introduction but I can’t thank all of you enough. You provide a great deal of comfort that we’re not on this journey alone. Thank you all and happy swimming!

Attachments

• IMG_7326.jpeg
    IMG_7326.jpeg
    712.4 KB · Views: 5