South Bend, IN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
Hi, all. Just want to say I've been lurking about for around 6 months - reading, learning, and buying. We had a 24' round AGP installed last September, and it was dug in about 2' down, as prescribed by the manufacturer's warranty. It is a "salt-ready" model from discountpoolsdirect.com who was *flippin' awesome* to buy from and work with. We ran into an issue with getting the wrong parts, a week before install, and they stepped up and got us the right stuff in time. And it was like lower track material, so it was critical to the install and anyone who's tried to schedule a pool install lately knows just how fragile those dates can be.

Anyway, so we had them install the pool, and all went fine. They plumbed 1.5" all the way to our storage shed (about 20' away) so all of our mechanicals are up there and not around the pool. 22" Sand filter and throw-in 1.5 hp pump were included. We just used Leslie's to get our chemistry in a decent place before we closed it for the year.

This winter, I picked up a CircuPool EDGE 40 SWCG and a couple 4x24' Fafco Solar Bear solar heaters. Weather here has been nice enough that I got all that put in and plumbed, along with a VS, 2hp Black and Decker pool pump. I "opened" the pool about a week ago and so far, all of my plumbing and such is doing really well - no leaks, pressure is good (I need to update my pressure in the app - I got a new gauge and a manual relief valve for my filter and it looks like the old gauge was reading about 10 psi too high). SWCG is not turned on until we get the chemistry where it needs to be and then we'll add salt. We fill from a well, and it's very hard and highly alkaline water.

Thanks to this site, I ordered the TFP-100 test kit. Should get that next week. We had to fill about 1/3 of the pool back up after winter so I did get another set of tests from Leslies (only alternative here, really, until my kit comes), so I'm just working to get TA down for now. I'll re-test with the better kit, and go from there.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the great advice you didn't even know you were giving me, and for laying out a clear and straightforward path to pool maintenance. I'm a newbie, my wife isn't but this is our first pool together, so we're learning a lot.

Pics:
PCewAxJh.jpg

Solar panels angled, south-facing:
7AvpS2Bl.png

Solar panel plumbing - check valves, isolation valves, and diverter:
h7ctn86l.png

And a pic from today:
EfWo2Gbl.png

Next up is to build the outside steps and see what I can do to modify them for only needing 2-3' of height, and then getting stairs inside the pool. I've got 4" PVC I'm going to fill with cement, cap, and attach to the steps to hopefully weight them down inside the pool.

Thanks for looking and reading!
Todd

Reactions: Newdude
Nice! :wave: You've been busy. Glad to see you have a TF-100 on the way. It will help tremendously. Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Reactions: toddrhodes