Hello from middle Tennessee

tncaroleg

Aug 20, 2022
Tullahoma, Tennessee
I have had my 18' Intex Ultra Frame pool for about 6 years now and thankfully have had no issues other than chemical imbalances once in a while. However, this year I opened /changed my pool filter set up from a cartridge system to an ExtremePowerUS 3/4 hp 13" sand system. Sadly the pump setup did not go smoothly. I wanted to change to 1.5 " hoses from the old cartridge system sized 1.25" and of course I didn't have the needed fittings. I've been in a spin trying to get it right. I also have a VERY old brand new Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System (Model CS8110) I wanted to connect up but have waited to get the sand filter system operating correctly. Thanks for adding me !

Welcome to TFP! :wave: If you are still trying to workout the adapters needed to go from the Intex proprietary sizes to conventional 1.5 inch, let us know. You can start a new thread for that issue in the AGP sub-forum. Have a nice day.

Also see Pool Care Basics

Welcome to TFP! :wave: If you are still trying to workout the adapters needed to go from the Intex proprietary sizes to conventional 1.5 inch, let us know. You can start a new thread for that issue in the AGP sub-forum. Have a nice day.

Also see Pool Care Basics
Thanks for the Hello and your message. I was so frustrated with trying to connect the 1.25 hoses to the pump/filter's 1.5 size. and felt the diminished flow result was a weak current that I upgraded again and got a 16" sand tank system which came with a 1/2 hp motor AND ordered all new 1.5 hoses. I don't want to use the 1.25. Wow. I am pleased with the difference and was finally able to vacuum my pool - but I am still trying to get the water clear. It was a nice deep green but I now have it at a light green, cloudy state. (sigh) I did not have a good test kit to check chemicals.. so after I created this account a few days ago I ordered a Taylor K2005 kit. ( They are out of certain things there so I'm hoping this kit was a good pick.) However, I work 2 jobs so I have been busy - and was awaiting the test kit. The lil strips I have told me my chlorine level was off the chart high but I had literally NO PH or CYA. I will post test results tomorrow ( my day off) once I have studied this intimidating kit and figure out how to use it. I would really like to get my pool clear and usable again !!

Glad to hear you are pleased with the upgrades. Based on what you are describing you still have some algae. If that's true you'll need the FAS-DPD to go along with the K-2005. Those two together basically upgrade your kit to a K-2006. To kill and remove algae you need to perform the SLAM Process which is why you need the FAS/DPD portion. You may think your FC is high when it actually is nowhere close. You can see what I mean by going to the FC/CYA Levels. Confirm your current CYA then go to the "SLAM" tab on that chart. Find your CYA then what your SLAM FC level should be.

Remember, no amount of vacuuming or filtration can kill algae, neither will pool store snake oils like algaecides. The SLAM Process will do it for you if you follow that page closely. By the way, are you on a well? If so, be sure to add that to your signature, You can also add your test kit to your signature.