Hello from Colorado!

stultz85

Jul 28, 2023
Fort Collins, Colorado
Hi all! Four year pool owner, first time maintainer here. Since we purchased our home in 2019, we've had companies coming to open/close and maintain the pool for us. I'm getting into learning how to take care of things myself. We have a 30,000 gallon, in-ground, plaster pool located in Northern Colorado. It's currently filtered with a Triton-II TR60 sand filter, but I've been advised by others I should consider a DE filter. Mostly looking to get my head around maintaining our current setup, and then I'll look into possible upgrades. We've had some issues with algae this year, which is what led me to the forum here. Mostly small growths on the walls, not full on blooms. The pool has been maintained with chlorine tablets, which I now understand are likely raising my CYAs and causing a need for more FC. I have a TF-Pro test kit en route (once the magnetic stirs are in stock) with a SLAM option, standard sampler and pH meter. Lots to learn, but happy to be here! Looking forward to a trouble free pool!