Hello from an excited Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma!!

That's looking perfect now. So glad they got it sorted out. I saw you mention swimming on the weekend. Do you want me to round up a plaster person who can explain what might happen swimming-wise?

I was in our pool the third day after it was full, but it was just me in the murky water. I think it depends what sort of start. If it's an acid start, it may be a few days before it's in the right pH range, and if it's not an acid start, it might be murky due to plaster dust. Your DE filter will work better than my sand filter did. Ours took about 2 weeks before it looked decent to me, though it was quite swimmable after about a week. I wasn't on TFP at that time, so I bet the experts here can do a whole lot better. For me, it was the pool builder mucking around with clarifiers, one of which actually worked.

In my case they used a phosphonate metal sequestrant, so we were able to add chlorine right away.

OH such happy news! That plaster looks awesome! NICE! LOVE the extra sparkle!

Sweet on the scupper replacement.........are they also going to pay the workers for doing the work?

The no FC is to give the metal sequestrant time to work. Any way you can jump down the a pool store to have your fill water tested for metals?

What an exciting time!

:kim::cat:

Headed out to pick up breakfast for the acid wash guy and his helper. It's just going to be a 2 man team not an army of men like Suz had at hers.

I believe the PB and/or the manufacturer are taking care of the cost. No mention was made of any additional out of pocket for me. I wouldn't pay it. I was just concerned if they replaced ALL of them...

So nervous I could not sleep. Been up since 4:30, went to bed at midnight...it's going to be a loooong weekend at work if I don't sleep tonight because I'm anxious about the fill...

I guess I first need to find out when they will turn on the equipment...
I'll try to run to a pool store to get the full tested this afternoon.

Just got back from picking up breakfast (blueberry muffins, egg mcmuffin, and bacon, egg & cheese biscuits, OJ) and now they have arrived!! It's going to be a good day! I'm nervous and excited! Nervited!! ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Denise, the article did say no salt for 28 days. But as you know, you gotta follow your PB's guidelines....if he gives you any.

Do you have any pics yet??? Don't keep us in suspense!

Lol!!

He's been very vague...He only mentioned drpping some tabs in the skimmer and that they "wait a few days" before adding the salt. Nothing about sequestrant...

I'm concerned about when they will start up the pumps, etc. All I can think is how fast algae will start growing in no moving water in this heat with no chemicals in it until MAYBE Monday. I would hate to start off our shortened swim season in 100 degree weather killing algae and cleaning my DE filter right off the bat... I guess I would learn problem solving really quick!

Lol!!

He's been very vague...He only mentioned drpping some tabs in the skimmer and that they "wait a few days" before adding the salt. Nothing about sequestrant...

I'm concerned about when they will start up the pumps, etc. All I can think is how fast algae will start growing in no moving water in this heat with no chemicals in it until MAYBE Monday. I would hate to start off our shortened swim season in 100 degree weather killing algae and cleaning my DE filter right off the bat... I guess I would learn problem solving really quick!

I would tell him your concerns and make sure he knows how knowledgeable you are on the subject (probably more so than him!). Maybe he'll make sure to take care of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could share this document with him just for discussion points, or use it to prep aspects you'd like to ask about. Be ready in case he makes comments about internet pajama people, lol

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

There's wiggle room on the "do not swim" part, and as previously mentioned, it's in your interest to follow the PB's specific instructions related to warranty.

Acid wash in progress

The sparkle and shine just does not show up on my phone, which is disappointing because I want to share it with you all.
The beads GLOW with light and the shells SPARKLE like diamonds!! It's looking amazing!!

I'm texting PB to ask when they will start up the equipment and if the add sequestrant.

What other questions should I ask about the PB's start up?

Power washing

Firepit is done. They left me an extra bag of lava rock.

The lava rock they used is small gravel-like pieces. It's different than what I was expecting. I hope to get glass soon...or at least different lava rock.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.