Hello from an excited Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma!!

We will help you spend your money! LOL As in pick out the best equipment for your pool and life.

The chemistry--------wait on reading this area too much. It really not make a lot of sense to you right now. BUT you can go ahead and get your test kit to play with. Just so long as you have it before you go to put water in the pool. You know only a couple of say from now :rolleyes: LOL

Kim

Since I have no dig or build pictures yet (soon I hope!), here are my grandbabies! Can't wait until we can all have fun in the pool!
image.jpg Noah 4 1/2 image.jpg Charlotte 4 image.jpg Gabriel 2 image.jpg Benjamin 2 and Caleb 1

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 358
Called Gemstone today to get samples of their plaster so I can see what they look like in water so I can make a real world decision instead of from the catalogue or the website (thanks for the suggestion, Kim!)

I'm surprised you've had a hard time finding a builder to work within your easement constraints. You're sig shows a 17 x 30. Our pool is about the same width and only a couple of feet longer. And we took up all the available space we could save for a little deck space.

Anyway - glad you found someone! Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Updated

I'm surprised you've had a hard time finding a builder to work within your easement constraints. You're sig shows a 17 x 30. Our pool is about the same width and only a couple of feet longer. And we took up all the available space we could save for a little deck space.

Anyway - glad you found someone! Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Updated

the 17' is the widest area dipping into our existing patio space (first PB drawing at the beginning of the thread). To stay 5' from the house and within the limit of the easement from the back fence, max width is about 14'. I've found that PBs quote the longest points. It'll be interesting to see how PB 2 explains his 16'x 34' for his Roman plan...

we we will definitely be taking up all available space just like you!

Can't wait to see what you come up with. I'm like Kim, I love watching the new builds. I wish I had read more before I jumped in. But it's all good.
By the way, I like the drawings you posted, but I'm a little confused. Are you saying they won't fit on your lot and that the builder didn't draw them to your requests?
Our designer spent hours and hours with us, modifying and changing things. He was really good with the pool drawing software ;so, I guess we got lucky there. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Janny!
Yes, he didn't apply what I told him and in measuring my yard, subtracting the easements and the code requirements for distance from the house, his dimensions don't work.

I just relooked at your build, it's so pretty and your water looks amazing!! Love the new planting seeds and the lights you added!

- - - Updated - - -

Do PBs round up on their measurements? Anyone have experience with being quoted a larger or smaller size than they contracted/paid for?

We also have an easement in the back, and we wanted the largest pool possible in the space we had available. Our designs ended up being rectangular. All PBs we interviewed mentioned that pricing is based on perimeter linear feet (LF). The gunite company here charges dramatically more once 115LF is exceeded, so all PBs tried to keep their design at or under 115LF.

All measurements quoted fitted within the area we had available. I used SketchUp to draw our backyard and easement and added the PB proposals to ensure compliance with the easement.

For a given perimeter, the shape that results in the largest area (or largest pool surface) is a circle. If a circle and a rectangle have the same area, the perimeter of the rectangle will be much larger than the perimeter of the circle. Rectangular pools are therefore relatively more expensive than a round pool or a pool with curves.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Nini,
Beautiful pics of the grandbabies. It won't be long you and those little cuties will be in your new pool splashing around.

Hopefully PB #1 will give you a better bid on the pool you want. If your hubby is still considering PB #2, I would mention all your concerns to PB #2 and have him redo the design using the things you asked for because the bid he'll be giving you will be on a Roman, instead of a rectangular, will be too close to the house, the spa will be on the wrong side, etc.

This pool/spa is something you'll be living with for a lot of years, so be sure that whoever does it, does it the way you want it, but to do that they 1st have to get it designed correctly on paper.

Good luck, and Have a wonderful night. :)

Just got home from work to find a wonderful surprise! The Gemstone samples I requested last week arrived! I'm so excited! It's getting real!
They were very kind and sent samples of ALL their finishes and included some with the abalone shells.
We have another appointment with PB #1 to go over the design changes we requested. PB #2 has not gotten back to us with wanting an in office appointment or a bid price for the drawings we were sent 2 weeks ago. I'm not going to pursue him. He obviously does not want our business.

image.jpgimage.jpg

not only will the plaster look different at different depths of water, they will also look different in varying light conditions too.

Thst's a great point, Dave. I'll be sure to do it outside. It'll be sunny and 70's this week. Thankfully the rain will be over by the time my work week ends Sunday at 7:15pm. Come Monday I'll be playing with the samples.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.