Hello from an excited Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma!!

Tile guy and PB as in TOMORROW ?? Oh yeah! I can't wait to see what they do to fix it!

Good progress! At least the gravel will help with the MUD!! Does it look graded correctly? As in away from the house??

Kim:cat:

- - - Updated - - -

nini SO nice the class was a REAL learning one and easy OT to boot! AND the lunch yummmmmmm

Yes the box does keep the rain out so far. We have not had a "gully washer" since we bought it but did get a good rain and it stayed dry.

Meant to tell you, Kim, LOVE the cat emoji!

Good to know on the box!!

So far, it looks right. They aren't done yet.
I'll be out there to talk with them about the tile. For sure! I'm very nervous about them "fixing" the tile. I don't think he is going to redo it all....

hehe I LOVE my kitty :cat: and my new one :hug: BUT wait until you see what one they are getting for me next!

Just channel me and you will be fine! Head up, chin out, shoulders back, smile fixed, eye contact to the max. You will be fine and your pool will look great!

Lots of progress underway!!
Deck forms are being placed, more gravel and dirt for grading, and the tile is being done properly!!

The tile guy is a young man (whose parents did a great job of teaching him manners!) who very obviously knows his craft well and takes pride in his work. He arrived before the PB and I got to talk to him a bit while he looked at the tile. I asked him to do the job like it was his pool, then I said, "please do this job like it's your mom's pool." He smiled and said he would. When PB arrived they talked about the tile and I heard them say several times it should have been an easy job because it's very basic. PB told him that he should have put him on the job to begin with.

After PB left, as tile guy got started, he asked me if there were any particular areas of concern. I told him it was almost the whole job and to please look it over thoroughly. He assured me he would.
I left for the store and when I returned, he had taken off almost all the tile in the pool. I opened the door to hand out some cold waters and asked him what he thought of the tile job. He said it was very obviously a bad job. I told him I was glad he didn't think I had exaggerated. With that, I'm no longer worried about the tile. He is also the one installing the Lightstreams, probably tomorrow.

Terminix will be out here this evening between 5-7 to trench and put the liquid barrier. Tomorrow morning we get concrete!!!

I am feeding these guys pizza, mini cupcakes, pop and water. They are all very nice and doing a great job!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey Denise! And again, I'm behind on TFP. You are hanging in there so great! I'm impressed! It must be the nurse in you.

The mud is just awful, but it will be forgotten eventually (especially when you're swimming and floating in your pool!). I can't wait to see the glass tiles, and the plaster, and the water, and the deck, and the yard, and pictures of you and your family hangin' out at the pool! Ahhhhhhh........ It will all happen. Keep hangin' in there!

Hugs :hug:
Suz

HORRIBLE day at work. Got out super late. We have a deck!!! It was dark when I got home, so I couldn't see much. My sweet Hubby sent me TONS of pictures and video of the deck pour today. I can't upload them now- gotta go to bed. I don't expect tomorrow's shift to be any better. If my patient load remains the same all weekend, I won't get pictures uploaded until Monday. Bear with me. You will get pictures, a story, and maybe some video...
The crew comes back tomorrow to finish the concrete. They need to apply the glaze and remove the forms.

Sweet dreams :sleep: We will be waiting for you :crazy:

Thank you for being there for your patients and giving your all to those that need it! :angel:

So sweet of hubby to take and share pics with you so you can at least see it :rockon:

:hug:

Kim:cat: (okay so who do we know that lives in her area??? that could go sneak some pictures?? BUT wait the story is also needed! Guess we have to wait on her! )

Lol. Kim. That's one reason I love Tapatalk! We can do it all from our phones and could maximize time by posting from the potty if needed. TMI? Haha! Oh wait! I can do everything except see Denise's pictures for some reason! For those I have to login through a browser. And only on some of them. Isn't that weird?

No worries Denise! We're practicing the patience virtue over here... and babbling nonsense. I should go do some work. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. Kim. That's one reason I love Tapatalk! We can do it all from our phones and could maximize time by posting from the potty if needed. TMI? Haha! Oh wait! I can do everything except see Denise's pictures for some reason! For those I have to login through a browser. And only on some of them. Isn't that weird?

No worries Denise! We're practicing the patience virtue over here... and babbling nonsense. I should go do some work. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't see them either. But I can see most everyone else's. [emoji23]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.