Hello from Aledo, Texas

Hola Mama! Welcome to Trouble Free Pools :)
Check out our basics --> Pool Care Basics
Check out the forums.... ask questions and you'll get plenty of help. We'd love to see a pic of the new pool and equipment.

Maddie :flower:

Here is my pool and equipment. I had to put a temporary gate up, I have a puppy that is a chewer. We are looking for a permanent fix but I’m a little nervous to put anything in the ground since I know that there is plumbing in the area.

34EB1710-87B1-4A0F-92CC-9533289E7387.jpegBDD52E5D-65C1-4A03-9844-ED1DC57D28FA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TFP! :wave:

full

Reactions: MamaHoran
Awwwww...gotta love puppies 🐶
The pool looks marvelous! Have you been in yet?
What is the large gray thing with yellow tape on the top in your equipment pad?

We have been in a few times, we have heated it up.

The large gray thing is a UV2 water sanitizer, we added that an ozonator.

Reactions: Newdude
We dont give too much credit to this type of sanitizer, all you need is the SWG(you already have), that will deliver all the chlorine you need.
I haven’t added any salt to my pool since start-up, and my pool is still crystal clear! We are just over 30 days since start-up, so salt will be going in this week! I think it is doing a good job!

Salt doesn't leave the pool except with draining or splash out, or get used up by the salt cell. The salt is broken down into chlorine and water in the cell, but recombines as soon as it hits the pool. I assume your salt cell is humming along nicely.

UV is free from the sun 🌞 The ozone lamps that are sold for residential pools are generally small and inadequate, and sadly provide no residual sanitation. But thankfully you've got that salt system doing the hard work of sanitation. ✅

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Salt doesn't leave the pool except with draining or splash out, or get used up by the salt cell. The salt is broken down into chlorine and water in the cell, but recombines as soon as it hits the pool. I assume your salt cell is humming along nicely.

UV is free from the sun 🌞 The ozone lamps that are sold for residential pools are generally small and inadequate, and sadly provide no residual sanitation. But thankfully you've got that salt system doing the hard work of sanitation. ✅

We have added zero salt in our pool. We were told it couldn’t be added until 30 days. So this is our pool clarity today, we have never added any salt to our pool.