Hello fellow Austin pool folks

Thanks guys, to be honest I am still a little hesitant on the tile. The travertine and split face I love but the tile I will have to see when done. I am more of the blue tile kind of look, but my wife got final veto power here. I do like that it is different, and when it is a whole spa or wall in the sun it looks better than the small sample. I'm sure I'll love it, but I am such a visual guy it's hard for me to picture the finished product from a sample.

Travertine has arrived and they are supposed to start laying it on Saturday. 13 pallets were delivered! I think the variation in the pavers looks great. Can't wait to see.

Jamie that is what I was going to ask him! LOL

I would be going through the boxes seeing which ones I REALLY liked to put in eye catching places. THEN I would be looking for one I did NOT like and putting them to the side to be cut or not used.

Kim

So I have been super busy last few months and have slacked on the updates, sorry. Three little ones under the age of 6 can do that I guess. Anyway I have a ton of pics to show progress so hope you don't mind. As of right now we are waiting on all this rain to let up to be able to get finishing touches done such as; fire pits connected to gas, outdoor kitchen connected to gas and water, another coat of paint on cabana, and some new grass. Here's some pics for you....
IMG_8339.jpgIMG_8341.jpgIMG_8342.jpgIMG_8453.jpgIMG_8455.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your pool looks amazing! I really like how the glass tile turned out. It is hard to tell from samples how the overall look will turn out. For example when we built our last house we had to choose the brick color and they had these boards with maybe 6 bricks on them. I was having trouble visualizing how they would turn out so we went and looked at homes that were done with the same brick selections. Boy am I glad I did because some that looked good to me looked super pink in person. The reason is there would be one brick that was pinkish in color and would have been fine if it was 20% of the total count but it ended up being 80%. My neighbors across the street picked that exact brick and ended up being in a state of shock when they saw the house with the brick up (they were moving here from out of state so they didn't see it as it went up they saw it when the brick was completely done). They had to live with it...

I am guessing tile is the same way if the reds/yellows end up being 20% it still will look blue overall which is how yours turns out. Do you have some closer photos of it? I really like how it looks in the shade from a distance.

Also are you in the city limits? Do you have to get final inspection? The reason I ask is those windows near your stairs going down to the pool might need to be safety proofed. They say you need safety glass but someone on here in Austin had the same problem and ended up putting on a 3M film that satisfied the inspection folks. I had the same problem but with locks. The windows not near the stairs needed no locks because they were a certain distance off the ground. The ones over my stairs needed the locks. Just some things to think about...

Thanks, I do have a lot more pics to post as we are near complete now. I just hope they don't keep posting upside down. We are actually in Leander so we will see how crazy the codes are in time I guess, thanks for the heads up though good things to keep in mind.

Awesome! Can't wait to see some night pics! Love the design

Thanks! I have a couple but low quality cell phone pics, here they are. I am going to get some better quality pics and more of the finished product as the water clears, the kitchen and firepits are hooked up, and we get things cleaned up a little.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.