Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hey, I found you guys by through r/pools on reddit and this seems like just the resource I've been looking for!

We bought a home with a pool last year, so this will be my second year with a pool. Last year I honestly felt like I was scrambling trying to keep pH and calcium/metals under control.

I haven't opened my pool yet, but was thinking of doing it myself this year, any ideas or direction you all could give would be awesome!

Some specs - I think ~15k-16k gallon pool, installed a SWG last year, cartridge filter, fiberglass, in ground, had a cover star cover installed last year as well.

Any help or direction would be amazing - I have the TP-pro salt test kit and pH meter ordered and should hopefully have soon.

Thanks!

Welcome to TFP! :wave: We would be glad to help you with your pool. Below is a link you should checkout. If you have questions about this or any other issue, consider starting a thread in the appropriate sub-forum. Lots of folks here to help.

I have the TP-pro salt test kit and pH meter ordered and should hopefully have soon.
Perfect! Once you get it, you can post some numbers and we'll coach you through the next steps. Be sure to bookmark our Pool Care Basics page as well.