Heliocol Solar Leaking

jayjayaz

Oct 25, 2012
Southern CA
My 11 year old solar system has a few small leaks where the plastic clamps connect two sections of the pipes together. I took the clamps off and noticed the two sections of pipes weren't quite flush. I see on Amazon they sell replacement clamps and gaskets. Out of frustration, I fixed one using silicone glue, but know there is a better technique, I wonder if anyone on this site has experience with this type leak?

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_2077.jpeg
    IMG_2077.jpeg
    589 KB · Views: 9
Did you try and lube the clamp gasket?the clamp themselves shouldn't wear so of they are not broken I would try to magic lube them or replace the leaking gaskets as they are relatively inexpensive.
That being said, if you were the original purchaser heliocol has a min 12yr warranty and a lifetime 50% off parts warranty beyond that.

HELIOCOL Panel Clamp Gasket Swimming Pool Solar Panels - HC-113G -4 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N80VDL4?ref_=cm_sw_r_apann_dp_V7PQTY1J0XJ2PVWXMVSJ

I see you are in San diego so I'll also say solar pool supply in lakeside would have the panel clamp gaskets in stock (they are also the Amazon seller)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.