Bronze Supporter
Jul 6, 2018
Apple Valley, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My gas heater heats the Spa, but wife wants to be able to heat the pool. So in Pool mode, I press the heater button but it wont come on.
I seem to remember somebody changing the configuration because I accidentally was heating the pool instead of the spa, so how do I reconfigure it?

I think I figured it out. Seem Pentair designed the panel with a heater button that does not turn on the heater? In order to heat, I turned it on in the settings. So now whenever my pool pump is running the heater comes on. Why not design it so a press of the heater button will do the same thing? Im baffled.

I think I figured it out. Seem Pentair designed the panel with a heater button that does not turn on the heater? In order to heat, I turned it on in the settings. So now whenever my pool pump is running the heater comes on. Why not design it so a press of the heater button will do the same thing? Im baffled.
In most cases, like yours, the automation controls the heater by interrupting or completing the control circuit, your. While these systems do many things, you have to tell them first what you want them to do and when, like heat the pool when the system is in "pool" mode. So, you "enable" the "pool" heater in the EasyTouch and set a temperature there after setting the heater's temperature to 104. If it wasn't that way, you could open your utility bill and find out that you spent $600.00 in gas that you weren't expecting, or that your 400-gallon LPG tank is dry on a Monday when trying to get ready for work. That last one happened to a customer I once had. Had a party in the dead of Winter and just left the heater on for a week. Doesn't take long for a 400K heater to use that gas at 4gal./hour.

Reactions: Fishy1234
In most cases, like yours, the automation controls the heater by interrupting or completing the control circuit, your. While these systems do many things, you have to tell them first what you want them to do and when, like heat the pool when the system is in "pool" mode. So, you "enable" the "pool" heater in the EasyTouch and set a temperature there after setting the heater's temperature to 104. If it wasn't that way, you could open your utility bill and find out that you spent $600.00 in gas that you weren't expecting, or that your 400-gallon LPG tank is dry on a Monday when trying to get ready for work. That last one happened to a customer I once had. Had a party in the dead of Winter and just left the heater on for a week. Doesn't take long for a 400K heater to use that gas at 4gal./hour.
I read somewhere it is about $9 per hour in gas to heat a pool. So if it takes me 8 hours that is 72 dollars for the day. Not something I want to do, but can't argue with the wife.

I read somewhere it is about $9 per hour in gas to heat a pool. So if it takes me 8 hours that is 72 dollars for the day. Not something I want to do, but can't argue with the wife.
Depends on the source and cost of your fuel. How long you run it depends on the size of your pool and what temperature you want. Your 400K BTU heater will raise the temperature of a 20K gallon pool about 2 degrees/hour.
A natural gas heater will use about 400 cubic feet, or 4 therms/hour, as there are about 104K BTU/100 cf natural gas.
That $9/hour rate would probably apply to a 400K BTU heater like yours in your area.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fishy1234