Justjimbrooks

May 7, 2023
Maine
My Hot Tub kept tripping the circuit breaker so I looked online for a remedy and one said to disconnect power to the tub and disconnect the heater and turn power back on when I did nothing happened it didn’t trip and the pumps were working. So I removed the heater and ran my multimeter over the two terminals and it was in range of the Ohms (11) so I put it all back together hit the breaker and it popped immediately there is a small amount of corrosion on the heater manifold so I took out the element checked again with meter and it was in range I then hooked up the element to the hot tub and flipped the breaker ( I do know it’s not a smart thing to do) but it didn’t trigger the breaker so my assumption is that the manifold corrosion is enough to trip the breaker. Anyone have any other thoughts?

My Hot Tub kept tripping the circuit breaker so I looked online for a remedy and one said to disconnect power to the tub and disconnect the heater and turn power back on when I did nothing happened it didn’t trip and the pumps were working. So I removed the heater and ran my multimeter over the two terminals and it was in range of the Ohms (11) so I put it all back together hit the breaker and it popped immediately there is a small amount of corrosion on the heater manifold so I took out the element checked again with meter and it was in range I then hooked up the element to the hot tub and flipped the breaker ( I do know it’s not a smart thing to do) but it didn’t trigger the breaker so my assumption is that the manifold corrosion is enough to trip the breaker. Anyone have any other thoughts?
Just to clear it up a bit, I took the heating element out of the manifold and hooked it up alone then turned the breaker on, and it didn’t trip

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.