heater: a lot of questions

JasonLion said:
Pentair is in the middle of changing the model numbers, which makes everything confusing.

The IntelliFlo VF3050, with flow sensor, used to be called the IntelliFlo (3.2 KW) model # 011012 and typically is around $1200-1400 on the Internet.

The IntelliFlo VS3050, with 4 variable speeds, used to be called the IntelliFlo 4 X 160 model # 011013 and typically is around $800-1000 on the Internet.

great, thanks again, for an extra 200 i like the 3.2k, im going to talk to the local pool guys about installing it, i think i might splurge for the intellitouch too. :-D

hey, thanks for the link, its really promising, when i did the calaculations it said 2 heat pumps w/o a cover and 1 larger model pump w/ a solar cover, really great. That may be the way i go. im looking at teh SIGNATURE series, is that what you have and does that make a difference in quality.

looked on ebay and one person wants 3795 for a ac-1500A- heats up to 95,000 gallons, is to big a problem or does that help. i cant belive i didn't see this sooner, i cant thank you enough for telling be about these.

I don't know the difference between the Signature series and the standard - I have the standard. I have found their help line in Maryland to be very responsive. Interestingly, their tech for Virginia is based in Richmond.

ewsb said:
I don't know the difference between the Signature series and the standard - I have the standard. I have found their help line in Maryland to be very responsive. Interestingly, their tech for Virginia is based in Richmond.

how do you contact them, i tried by e-mail and it said "server not found" , is there a phone number, they dont list one on the site. :?:

crabboy,

I see how you got that impression. However, although similar in operation, a home geothermal system is different. A ground loop source is not practical with a pool geotherrmal, we need a much larger body of water to absorb the cold water temps that we circulate on the source water side..

crabboy,

I see how you got that impression. However, although similar in operation, a home geothermal system is different. A ground loop source is not practical with a pool geotherrmal, we need a much larger body of water to absorb the cold water temps that we circulate on the source water side..

I see. In either case, unless I'm mistaken, I don't see a geothermal being that much better unless it's cold (below 60) outside.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.