Bradenton Fl
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital Nano+ PPC2
Need some advice and feedback. Bought a house a few months ago with a 2008 Aquacal heat pump that works but we haven't been running it other than a couple of afternoons in the spa (with all heater output diverted to the spa.) Now I'm thinking about general heating for the pool itself for the winter months. I want to get it between 80-82F by 11am. I assume this will require a bubble blanket to hold heat overnight but can it alone really add and hold heat overnight? This is near Tampa. Evening temps are now low 70's and pool temp is 75 today at 3pm with no heater running. Average temp is in 50's Nov-March. I assume an actual heater will be required then.

Yes, you will need a pool cover + running your Heat pump to maintain the water in the low 80s.

Keep the cover on the water and run your HP 24/7 set at your desired temperature and see how it does.

Yes, you will need a pool cover + running your Heat pump to maintain the water in the low 80s.

Keep the cover on the water and run your HP 24/7 set at your desired temperature and see how it does.
Wait, you are saying I need to run the pump (only have one) 24/7 just so the heater can cycle on and off as needed? Wouldn't the electricity for the pump be crazy expensive? There's got to be a better way.

Wait, you are saying I need to run the pump (only have one) 24/7 just so the heater can cycle on and off as needed?

Well if you have automation a VS pump can run at low speed until the HP kicks on and then the automation would increase the speed of the pump while the HP is on.

If the "Pentair pump" in your signature is a single speed then it will consumer a bunch of electrons running.

Wouldn't the electricity for the pump be crazy expensive? There's got to be a better way.

A HP heats the water slowly. It is good at maintaining a temperature. It is not good at on demand heating. A gas heater is good at on demand heating.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.