Ontario, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Zodiac LM3-24
Probably reaching here but it appears that I have a leak between the Copper tube for the Heat exchanger and the stainless face (with location tube). The copper tube is likely brazed into location and it is this brazed that is leaking. I was thinking of JB Weld but was concerned over the thermal expansion differences between JB and the copper tube. I know that the heater will likely need replacement for next season but would like to limp through 2024 if at all possible. Thoughts or recommendations?

Probably reaching here but it appears that I have a leak between the Copper tube for the Heat exchanger and the stainless face (with location tube). The copper tube is likely brazed into location and it is this brazed that is leaking. I was thinking of JB Weld but was concerned over the thermal expansion differences between JB and the copper tube. I know that the heater will likely need replacement for next season but would like to limp through 2024 if at all possible. Thoughts or recommendations?
Firebox temperature of a pool heater is upwards of 2000F. JB Weld can't handle that. Tubes are not brazed into the plate, but "swaged." After the tubes are placed into the sheet, an expansion tool is inserted to deform them outward so that they are held in place by extreme pressure.
You could try to repair by brazing, but I have never seen any attempted repair to a heat exchanger work. Find a radiator repair facility, they may have success.

Firebox temperature of a pool heater is upwards of 2000F. JB Weld can't handle that. Tubes are not brazed into the plate, but "swaged." After the tubes are placed into the sheet, an expansion tool is inserted to deform them outward so that they are held in place by extreme pressure.
You could try to repair by brazing, but I have never seen any attempted repair to a heat exchanger work. Find a radiator repair facility, they may have success.

I don't think that the inlet would see 2000F but understand your thoughts there. Ya, never thought of a rad repair shop. Thanks