Heat/Chill size is it correct/sufficent?

Pghgator

Jan 23, 2024
Florida
Need help. What is difference between Jandy JRT2000r, 2500r, 3000r? My issue is the engineer spec’s the 3000r, the builder put in the 2000r by mistake and then claims it’s the 2500 series. This is a heat/chill unit for a 12000 gal pool and spa. All the 2000r be sufficient or should I force them to replace with what was spec’d? Need answer soonest please.

Attachments

• IMG_5413.jpeg
    IMG_5413.jpeg
    543.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5301.jpeg
    IMG_5301.jpeg
    572.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5287.jpeg
    IMG_5287.jpeg
    391.8 KB · Views: 6
Welcome to TFP! :wave:

What is stated in your contract?

The higher the BTU output, the faster the temp will change when the unit is on.

I need to add that the engineer specs was 130k BTU and the 2000r only puts out 103k BTU
The 2000r will be slower to heat the pool and run out of ability to heat sooner in colder weather.

If you specified and contracted for the 3000 you should insist on the 3000 be installed.

Reactions: 1poolman1
Welcome to TFP! :wave:

What is stated in your contract?

The higher the BTU output, the faster the temp will change when the unit is on.
The plans call for the 3000r. The contract simply state builder will build pool according to plans submitted to the County. These guys are horrible in honoring anything they have in contract and I’ve threatened with an attorney. Don’t want to go there, but it’s an endless cycle. I’m fighting for a blower motor for the spa that was spec’d, pebbletec, and a host of other items they keep trying to say is more expensive and they want me to pay for even though everything in contract and plans. Now they are trying to get another engineer to sign off on the lesser heating unit.

It depends on the temperatures you try to maintain on different days.

Contact Jandy with the specifications like pool size, covered or uncovered, weather, desired temperature for each week of the year, how you will use the heater (maintenance or as needed) etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.