Hazy dull water - not sure why

Cyclist7531

Bronze Supporter
Jun 27, 2019
Central Valley California
Going into our 3rd year with our pool and this is the first time I've encountered hazy dull water. We've had a lot of rain here in central California this year so wondering if that is contributing to my issue.
However, I think my numbers aren't that far off from where they typically have been. I'm hoping folks can point me in the right direction on what steps I should take.

Also, I did clean the cartridge filters about 3 weeks ago. Cartridges are 1 year old. Pool pump runs 8 hrs/day which has been my typical runtime.
Currently, the SWG is off and I'm using liquid chlorine to sanitize.

My numbers are as follows:
FC - 6
PH - 7.6
TA - 70
CH - 650 (I've always had high CH)
CYA - 40 (I've always run it around here during the winter when the SWG is off.
Temp - 47
Pool math shows CSI at -.24

One thing I haven't checked is the salt number.

Appreciate any suggestions to get the water back to the sparkling water it had been not too long ago.

Mark

Thanks, Should I just continue to manage the pool as is based upon the test data I get from pool math until it hits around 70 and not worry about the hazy/dull water? That should be sometime in late March
Yes, things in the water are pretty dormant at this temperature. Work on it once the water warms up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.