Haywood Pump and DE Filter

MissouriMule

May 23, 2023
Detroit, Michigan area
I have a 10 year old 1 HP Haywood pump and DE filter. After I made all the connections and added the dirt to start the year, I turned on the pump. It ran for about 5 minutes before I noticed the PSI was 20%. I immediately turned off motor and discovered I had not removed the return line plastic cover I use when closing the pool for the winter. After I removed the plastic cover the water comes out of the return very nicely. Do you think I caused any damage to the filter especially the cloth fingers? Waiting for your answer-thanks

I have a 10 year old 1 HP Haywood pump and DE filter. After I made all the connections and added the dirt to start the year, I turned on the pump. It ran for about 5 minutes before I noticed the PSI was 20%. I immediately turned off motor and discovered I had not removed the return line plastic cover I use when closing the pool for the winter. After I removed the plastic cover the water comes out of the return very nicely. Do you think I caused any damage to the filter especially the cloth fingers? Waiting for your answer-thanks
No. You caught it in time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.