Hayward W3SaS salt generator shows "Problem Detected "

RonnieManes

Jun 29, 2023
San Antonio, Texas
This SaS has a cell that's 1 year old and has had regular cleaning, recently the Problem detected light has come on. Salt levels are right, all other pool chemicals are near perfect. The generating chlorine light will come on briefly after a reboot then goes away. No other lights flash or do anything out of the ordinary. I will be testing the continuity of the cell cord tomorrow, but im hoping someone might shed some light on the issue or at least walk me through any troubleshooting tips.

What are your current test values-
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt

Why have you had to clean an almost new cell so often?? Each time its cleaned you remove some of the magic mystery metals that make the chlorine happen, and shorten the cell's lifespan.
What kind of pump do you have, and if Variable Speed- is the speed high enough to give the cell good flow?

Maddie :flower:

What are your current test values-
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt

Why have you had to clean an almost new cell so often?? Each time its cleaned you remove some of the magic mystery metals that make the chlorine happen, and shorten the cell's lifespan.
What kind of pump do you have, and if Variable Speed- is the speed high enough to give the cell good flow?

Hi Maddie,
Thanks for the response. Here in the Texas Hill Country we have liquid concrete hardness of our water, I was told by the pool builder to clean the cell every 3 to 4 months. My problem seems to be mechanical not with chemistry. My last score from leslie pool supply was 94. Balance and pH and other markers are in the zone. My issues are whit trouble shooting the system unit itself. I don't see any burnt or arcing connections on the lead to the cell. But the light does go off when I jiggle the wire at the connection. But this too is intermittent. I don't want to just throw parts at it as they are really pricey.

Again, only clean the cells if you SEE that they're coated. My cell for example has a "alternating polarity" feature which helps keep the cell clean. But once early on I had white flakes in my pool after the pool store told me to add way too much calcium to my water and my pH was too high --> white flakes!
NOW I know that high pH and excess calcium will cause me grief.

You say you get your water tested at Leslies.....but they're horrible at testing! Take 3 samples to 3 different businesses (no two being Leslies, as I don't want them just to look up your last result) and you'll get 3 different readings.
We have no idea what "94" means?? :scratch: Is that one chemistry test result or a accumulation of them??

Please go to <Settings> and fill out a <Signature Line> telling us about your pool, its finish, what equipment you use and how you sanitize and test. Sizes and model numbers helpful.

Until we know your equipment and your current chemistry levels will I be able to advise you on how to compensate for that "liquid calcium water". It can be done!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.