Central Connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
I am looking to buy the Hayward W3C4030 Cartridge Filter unit. I noticed that Leslie Pool sells it, but indicates it will come in black color. Amazon shows it in Tan, but some say they received it in black. Other Pool places and Home Depot show it in Tan. I asked them to confirm what color will be delivered. No response yet. LOL

Has anyone bought one of these ? Dose the color matter? Why the differences?

Thanks
Rich

Does the color matter?
Probably cosmetic options only. The only other thing I can think of is folks in the hotter areas of the country like So Cal, NV, AZ, NM, and TX probably don't want a black filter body absorbing all that intense heat and sunlight.

Maybe a warranty difference.

They have an "Expert" line that is only available through authorized dealers/installers and a retail line that can be sold through authorized retailers.

The products should be the same, but the warranty might be different.

I have called Hayward Authorized dealers, Certified dealers and Hayward themselves in NC. No one had an answer, not even Hayward in NC. So, I emailed the Northeast Commercial sales rep. Let's see if he answers and can make sense of it. Both colors appear to be sold in the Northeast. Doesn't seem to make sense. The expert line is model number C4030. The non expert line is W3C4030. I made that clear to all that I called and emailed that I am talking only about the W3C4030 that is showing in both colors depending on who you're buying it from.

Reactions: JamesW
I finally received a return email from Hayward. They said that there has been a problem with getting the colorant and that all filters out of the factory today are black.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.