Clarksville TN
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I just got a new pump and lots of PVC replaced after a winter disaster …
Now my new pump has slight air bubbles coming into my skimmer basket. When I pour water over the top of the pump filter basket lid (especially the back) it seems to stop the air bubbles. Any advice on how to fix this? Thanks!
IMG_0959.jpeg

That's a sign that there's a leak at the lid o-ring seal.

Shut down the pump. Remove the lid. Determine which surfaces the o-ring seats on (there will be 2). Make each surface completely clean by wiping with clean towels. Verify no significant scratches or warps. (If there are, you may have a warranty claim.) Clean the o-ring itself by pulling it through a clean rag or paper towel until no black shows. Lube the ring with a layer of silicone grease. Alladin Magic Lube II is the gold standard. Put the lid back together with an energetic twist.

See if the leak is gone. If not, get warranty service for your new pump.

It may also be that the water from your hose poured over the suction side drain plug, which could also cause what you're seeing. Make sure it's lubed and tight.

Reactions: kul and Apsuhead
I removed the lid and wiped down the rubber seal and lid. I couldn’t tell if the rubber ring could be removed? I lubed it up and filled w it water and started up the pump again. Still getting air bubbles. Poured water over the lid and it seems to stop the air from coming in 🤷🏻‍♂️
IMG_1235.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.