Hayward vs Circupool

cbptls

Nov 14, 2016
DFW, TX
So I have been reading what I could find. I am getting rid of my APure1400 since it has been such headache since I got it. Pool builder and few other companies are recommending IC40 but I have decided to get either Hayward or RJ-45plus since they have free upgrade and discount knocking price down to $899. I don't have any automation, just intermatic digital timer box. It's just so hard to decide.

cbtis,

For $150 more, you can buy an automation system and the IC40 at SunPlay... ($1,049 for an EasyTouch4 plus IC40).

This assumes you have just a Pool and no Spa...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

I have replaced sensor and cell maybe 3 years ago. It doesn't have dongle attached but it was newer version since I had to use little dongle to connect. I was getting 170 error (voltage to backboard) which went away and but now it shows no flow (I have tried that button reset also but no change). I tested voltage and was getting wrong values so I am not sure if it is backboard or transformer. Few years ago I was also getting random error codes so that's why I replaced cell with sensor and this time I don't feel like replacing those again after so few years and then finding out I might need to get other parts. In the end it will cost almost as much as new unit.

If you don't want or need automation, I would highly recommend the Hayward AQR15. It's simple, reliable, the replacement cells are affordable and seem to last a long time. I've had one for about 12 years. My first cell lasted well over seven years, and that's in a 20k pool that's open year round, and in use from April until Thanksgiving. Replacement cost for a new T-15 cell was under $500, making my annual cost to chlorinate the pool less than $70. In the 12 years, I've had to replace the flow switch ($35) and had a resistor fail ($2.50 part and 15 min with a soldering iron). The resistor was a common problem on older units like mine, but has been resolved on newer units.

It's one of the most commonly used and highly recommended units on the forum.

All those old issues were 99% related to the sensor and they have since replaced the sensor with a new design for the last 2 years or so and that has solved Jandy's issues. You do not have the latest sensor.

I had an Aquapure for 4 years and had cells and sensors replaced under warranty and when the last cell failed after just a year of time I switched over to AquaRite. If I would have known about the new sensor I would have stayed with the Jandy unit, but that is old news now.

Just a side note, my first AquaRite cell lasted 13 months and was replaced under warranty. Not everyone get results like chiefwej.

Looks like there is no perfect one out there ;-) I was worried about buying new sensor and then figuring out that my control box is shot. Since mine has been discontinued for a while, I would have to end up replacing everything anyways so that's why I am open to consider any options. Thanks for all advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.