Hayward Variable Speed Pool Pump Resets Time Every 30 Days

arika

Nov 6, 2023
Dallas
Hi there, I’ve been having a peculiar problem with my US Motors variable speed pool pump. Everything works just fine including accuracy of the time, however, once every 30 days (exactly to the day) I wake up to the pump display with a scrambled day of the week and time, it’s usually off by a couple of days and 12-14 hours behind. I’ll need to manually correct the day and time, it works fine till next 30th day. It was not always like this, the pump is 8 years old and this has started happening since the the past 2 years. What could it be?

Last edited:
Hi there, I’ve been having a peculiar problem with my Hayward variable speed pool pump. Everything works just fine including accuracy of the time, however, once every 30 days (exactly to the day) I wake up to the pump display with a scrambled day of the week and time, it’s usually off by a couple of days and 12-14 hours behind. I’ll need to manually correct the day and time, it works fine till next 30th day. It was not always like this, the pump is 8 years old and this has started happening since the the past 2 years. What could it be?
Which Hayward VSP?

Which Hayward VSP?
Thank you for responding! A quick correction, upon closer inspection it’s a US Motors variable speed pump, there is a Hayward contraption attached to it (please see photos of both). The Hayward I think supplies the water feature and pool robot.

Attachments

• IMG_3611.jpeg
    IMG_3611.jpeg
    608 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3608.jpeg
    IMG_3608.jpeg
    558.1 KB · Views: 6
Pump is a Hayward Super 2 that was sold by Leslie's as their RS (Replacement Series) line. Motor is a discontinued, aftermarket replacement to the original motor. There does not appear to be any reference to that issue in any of the troubleshooting guides available.
US Motors was purchased by Nidec Motors. You might get some help from them. 1-888-637-7333

Pump is a Hayward Super 2 that was sold by Leslie's as their RS (Replacement Series) line. Motor is a discontinued, aftermarket replacement to the original motor. There does not appear to be any reference to that issue in any of the troubleshooting guides available.
US Motors was purchased by Nidec Motors. You might get some help from them. 1-888-637-7333

Thank you, I’ve reached out to them. Hopefully they’ll respond. Meanwhile I found this reference to the back up power supply in the manual, I’m wondering if this could be related? Can the back up power supply (a built in battery perhaps?) be replaced? Says the time and day settings will not be stored if outage is greater than 12-16 hours. It still does not explain the 30 day cycle.

Attachments

• IMG_0125.png
    IMG_0125.png
    230.6 KB · Views: 3
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.