Hayward Tri Star overheat light?

retfr8flyr

Bronze Supporter
May 7, 2017
Providence Forge, VA
I searched but couldn't find anything on this. Today my Hayward Tri Star pump stopped. The check system and pump overheat lights were on and they will not reset. The screen says hit resume and when I do it says starting normal operation but nothing happens and then the lights come back on. I have powered the system off and nothing changes. Anyone have any info for me. The manual is useless and I haven't been able to find anything searching.

I thought I would give an update on my pump. I tore into it and found water in the wire connections area, the 220v connection wires and controller connections, I guess the silicone I used didn't seal it well enough. I dried everything out and sprayed it all with electronic contact cleaner. I got it running again and sealed both the inside and outside with silicone, initially I had only sealed it on the outside. Everything seems to be working fine now, I'll have to keep a closer eye on things from now on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.