Hayward T-9 SWG Cell Replacement

dmcody

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 9, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I believe I need to replace my 2015 cell. I have a new T-15 Cell and flow switch in a cart and I’m about to hit purchase, but want to verify my thought process.

Opened the pool last week and my SWG was not working – Aqua Rite panel read “No Flow” continuous light. I fiddled around with the flow switch with no success. Plug it in and it went straight to continuous light – No flow. I used a spare telephone wire and twisted the pair of wires to simulate a closed contact, which resolved the “No Flow”. So I think the sensor is bad and needs to be replaced.

Onto the SWG Cell. Using the twisted pair, the Aqua Rite panel would light “Generating” for about 30 – 60 seconds, then both the “Check Salt” and “Inspect Cell” lights would light continuously. I inspected the cell – no build up observed, flushed the cell with water, and reinstalled. This did not solve the problem. Holding the diagnostics button for 3 seconds does not reset the lights. I did try a muriatic acid clean using a the “Kleen Muriatic” b/c Lowes didn’t have anything else. I made it ~ 25% solution, no fizzing, no bubbling, it didn’t seem to do anything, so I’m going to the hardware store today to buy the proper Muriatic Acid (31%) and repeat the cleaning. I don’t really expect a different result.

Water Test Levels
FC: 11.5 (Shock level still decreasing)
CC: 0
TC: 11.5
pH: 7.8
TA: 70
CH: 120
CYA: 60
Salt: 3,000

Aqua Rite Panel Parameters

GeneratingCheck Salt/Inspect Cell
Display
2.00​
2.00​
1. Pool temperature
28​
28​
2. Cell voltage
27.3​
31.1​
3. Cell current
3.22​
0.00​
4. Desired Output %
66P​
66P​
5. Instant salinity
-2.10​
-0.00​
6. Product name
AL-0​
AL-0​
7. Software rev
r 1.59​
r 1.59​
8. Cell type
t-9​
t-9​

So I need a new cell and flow switch, right? I’m also upsizing to the T-15 cell since at 24K gals I’m pushing the T-9 cell to max.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.