Hayward SwimPure Plus question

Apr 30, 2007
NJ
I have had a pool for 20 years that I used BBB method on, but have moved to Florida and am buying a home that has a salt system installed. It is a Hayward Swimpure Plus. What do I need to check out to make sure it works before I buy the house. I could not find a model number on it but there are two UPC codes in the box, one is "AQR-SWP" and the other is "3A12198-11338954"

Any info would be appreciated.

3A12 means that it was made in 2012.
3 = years of warranty.
"A" means box.
12 means made in 2012.
198 means the 198th day of 2012 (July 16 Monday).

The cell should have a serial number starting with something like 3E12. If the cell has been replaced, it will have a newer date.

Look for cell size T-3, T-5, T-9 or T-15. T-15 is best.

Cells last about 5 to 7 years, so if the cell is original, it's probably near end of life.

Checking the diagnostic readings from the box by pressing the little black button can tell us a lot.

Test the actual salinity and compare it to the box reading. If they match, the cell is good. If the box is way low on salinity, the cell is probably bad.

I hope you are not using the existing SWCG as a tool in making your decision in buying a house that would probably costs hundreds of thousands.

But in answer to your question, turn on the power while the pump is running and take note of all the numbers shown on the display while subsequently pushing the diagnostic button located on the left side of the display. Post the diagnostic results!

You can learn more about your SWCG here > Hayward Aquarite Troubleshooting Guideline

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.