Hayward Swimclear 3030 internal leak at outlet

Kylekyle96

Jun 17, 2022
Indiana
Hello,
I have a hayward swimclear 3030. When I take it apart, water flows back into the filter where the outlet head elbow connects to the bulkhead fitting. There is no external leak, but it seems that water is pushing through this area and bypassing the cartridge filters. Water is cloudy, and presure of tank will not raise- I suspect due to this internal leak.

There appears to be no o-ring, just male threading from bulk head into the female ended outlet head.

I have attmpted to teflon and pipe-dope the threads, but water is still bypassing, thus, cloudy water.

Does anyone know if there needs to be an o-ring there or have any advice??

Welcome to TFP! :wave: If you look at the parts diagram HERE , you can see the bulkhead fitting O-ring as item #22.

As for the issues you have about water moving when you open the filter, please post some pics of your equipment pad so we can see all the lines, valves, etc. We'll see what we can do to help.

Reactions: Kylekyle96
full

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.