Hayward Superpump 700 Single Speed On The Way Out. Looking at Replacement Options

501pool

Apr 26, 2022
Conway
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
Hello all! Lurked here for some time and have enjoyed handling all of my pool maintenance myself over the past 2 years from the wealth of information here. Unfortunately, the winter storm blast we had in Arkansas in early February froze my pump up at some point in the night and tripped by breaker. By 7am when I was able to get out and check on it, my pump and filter were frozen solid. I put the heater on it and thawed it out that day, but realized it broke seals between my motor and the pump allowing moisture into the pump bearings and now makes an awful noise. It has functioned fine, but I now realize that it is losing pump pressure and I am ready to upgrade it anyway to a VS.
I have looked on previous posts here to try to decipher all of my current pump info and have sought recommendations from the Auto-Chat at INYOpools. They recommended a Hayward Super Pump VS Motor Upgrade Kit - 2.2 HP - MKIT3VS22 with an Intermatic Controller. ($775 total)
Current Pump Model: Hayward Super 700, MOD# SP2670010X15, SN 21122010000935006
It is a 1.5HP model 230/115. I cannot figure out which frame model it is. Any suggestions on which route to go would be most appreciated!
Superpump Plate.jpgSuper Pump Side.jpg

Welcome to the forum!
I would talk to someone at InyoPools as they are pretty good at providing advice. There are likely other options, let's ask @1poolman1
I suggest you read through Pool Care Basics - Trouble Free Pool and even look at a few of our videos TFP-TV - Trouble Free Pool
Thank you sir! There is a wealth of knowledge in those articles. I have used several to help with daily filtering calculations and CYA troubleshooting. Ill look through the videos as well

Hello all! Lurked here for some time and have enjoyed handling all of my pool maintenance myself over the past 2 years from the wealth of information here. Unfortunately, the winter storm blast we had in Arkansas in early February froze my pump up at some point in the night and tripped by breaker. By 7am when I was able to get out and check on it, my pump and filter were frozen solid. I put the heater on it and thawed it out that day, but realized it broke seals between my motor and the pump allowing moisture into the pump bearings and now makes an awful noise. It has functioned fine, but I now realize that it is losing pump pressure and I am ready to upgrade it anyway to a VS.
I have looked on previous posts here to try to decipher all of my current pump info and have sought recommendations from the Auto-Chat at INYOpools. They recommended a Hayward Super Pump VS Motor Upgrade Kit - 2.2 HP - MKIT3VS22 with an Intermatic Controller. ($775 total)
Current Pump Model: Hayward Super 700, MOD# SP2670010X15, SN 21122010000935006
It is a 1.5HP model 230/115. I cannot figure out which frame model it is. Any suggestions on which route to go would be most appreciated!
View attachment 503827View attachment 503828
C-Frame, threaded shaft motor.
A Nidec NPTT165 motor will bolt on (with the required shaft seal, O rings, etc). Has its own built-in control. Considerably less at Pool Supply Unlimited. Are you sure the sealplate is not broken? Looks like it (or the mounting plate) is cracked down the left side looking from behind the pump.

Freeze can damage more than just the sealplate, it may have damaged all the pump internals. There is a kit for that as well. You'd have to take the existing pump apart to this extent anyway, might just want to get the kit. Be sure to look for any other damaged parts before purchasing parts, might be better to replace the entire pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.