NE Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I just picked up a new 2603vsp pump to replace my old Hayward single speed pump. Both are 230v and my old one is hooked up to a Tork TU40 timer. Hayward doesnt give much in the way of wiring set up. My question is would the new one still hook up to the same terminal blocks in the Tork as the old one? Im assuming that since its a 230v that both wires coming out of the old and new are hot wires, no neutral and the third (green) ground. Inside the new pump the blocks say L2/neutral and L1. Don’t know why L2 says neutral next to it since it’s a straight out 230v and not changeable to 120v.

Welcome to TFP.

VS pumps should be connected to continuous power and their control panel used for scheduling the pump run time.

Bypass the timer and connect the pump to the Line power.

I wanted to hook it up direct but I have an Aquarite with a salt cell and I wanted to connect it direct to the new pump but it doesn’t appear to be compatible according to the manual so I was just going to keep the timer to constant power on?

VS pumps are not always happy with power being turned on and off.

Connect the Aquarite controller to the Tork timer and set the Tork timer within the time period set on the pump controller.