Hayward skimmer thru intex wall. Any tips?

I have cut the gasket into two pieces and trimmed the lip CAREFULLY with a utility knife. Cleaned up nicely. I did NOT cut my liner prior to securing the skimmer gaskets and lip. I used an ice pick(or awl) to poke the holes through the liner once I had everything in position, as the screws are not self-tapping. Once I had all screws started and about two-thirds down, I cut the liner in the middle of the skimmer opening. Kept tightening the screws and trimming the liner until they were tight and the liner was trimmed away. It was actually easier than I anticipated. Hope this helps!

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Installed skimmer and return eye, all went very well, I actually did cut the hole first and left the butterfly gasket in one piece. Drained water just to bottom of skimmer. Was going to hard plumb it in but found it easier to just support the weight of the skimmer with a rope underneath it and tied to the frame at adjacent posts. They Hayward return eye installed beautifully in place of the old 1 1/4" hole. The Hayward ec40 filter with 1 hp motor is creating an impressive vortex in the 15' intex.

I did the same as poolhack, except I didn't have to drain any water because I did it while I was filling it up. Once I got to above 2 feet of water in the pool (around midnight) I installed the skimmer backwards (faceplate on the outside) without the gasket. Cut the liner, then removed the skimmer and inserted the gasket (without cutting the butterfly) and installed the skimmer. I purchased the Hayward ball valve (http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-SP0723-Tr ... ball+valve NPT size) which screws right into the bottom of the skimmer, then screwed the hose barb adapter that came with the skimmer into the bottom of the ball valve. The intex hose fits over this perfectly and is secured with a hose clamp. (I used teflon paste on the male threads)

We installed a Hayward Wide Mouth Skimmer into our Intex Ultraframe 12'x24'x54" today and just did it exactly like the instructions said. It was a b#@$!#$ to get on but I like that the gasket/grommet whatever was left intact and is on both sides of the pool and joined. We installed with it first all on inside, cut the liner hole and still had to trim another 1/8" of an inch off one side. Then my husband installed the face plate with this gasket thing overlapping edge. It wasn't always easy but he got it done. I assisted by holding the screwdriver, nail, pliers, screws and picked up any screws that fell into the pool. Since we just filled it last night with water the hardest part on me was getting cramps from the cold water. One he has all the screws throught the face plate, gasket with liner sandwiched first then attached it to the main skimmer housing. I'll take a picture tomorrow. I really wished I had my camera in the midst but alas I was assisting and running off to get camera and take picture would have got me in big trouble.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.