Hayward Skimmer questions

baileyla

Jul 25, 2022
Kansas City, MO
Hi! I am a new AGP owner. I need to install a skimmer as I have trees nearby. I purchased the Hayward wide mouth skimmer (Hayward SP1091WM Dyna-Skim Above-Ground Pool)
based on several youtube videos I watched, but now that it's here, I'm considering installing the standard instead. Because of the roundness of the pool, when I hold the faceplate up to the pool wall, it looks like its going to be hard to get it flat if that makes sense. Also, by lurking on here, I see many people say they believe the standard skims just as well as the wide mouth.

My question is, it appears as though I just need to order the replacement faceplate for the inside of the pool (Hayward SPX1091D Standard Face Plate Replacement for Hayward Automatic Skimmers) because it looks to me like I have everything I need with the wide mouth "kit", I can just not attach the wide mouth attachment, and install the other faceplate instead.

Is that correct? Or should I box this back up and order the standard?

TIA!

I believe so - it’s just an extra expense to have a piece u don’t need but u may decide later to use it - especially if u ever upgrade pool size/ go with a different shape pool. Double check that everything goes together like u think before cutting stuff ✂️
Going with the standard square one used to be cheaper but it seems now they are the same price.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.