Hayward s-240 dome torque

When tightening the dome back on, what is the torque to be used for the bolts?
You are referring to the 24 bolts that attach the top half to the bottom at the flange in the middle correct? I don't think the manual specifies a torque for those. Several owners have expressed that area to be a bit challenging for leaks.

Let's assume you confirmed both top & bottom surfaces are squeaky clean and have no burrs, lubed the O-ring, and have them in position. Once you have all the bolts in place with nuts attached finger tight, I would do the typical "star pattern" across the circumference of the flange in an effort to obtain equal squeeze tightening around the entire flange. I would recommend a simple hand-tight (snug) at first. Do not overtighten or you run the risk of pinching the O-ring too much or creating a leak. Turn on the pump and watch for leaks. If needed, slowly tighten a little more.

For a sanity heck, let's ask @1poolman1 to confirm.

Reactions: Ehrenstein
You are referring to the 24 bolts that attach the top half to the bottom at the flange in the middle correct? I don't think the manual specifies a torque for those. Several owners have expressed that area to be a bit challenging for leaks.

Let's assume you confirmed both top & bottom surfaces are squeaky clean and have no burrs, lubed the O-ring, and have them in position. Once you have all the bolts in place with nuts attached finger tight, I would do the typical "star pattern" across the circumference of the flange in an effort to obtain equal squeeze tightening around the entire flange. I would recommend a simple hand-tight (snug) at first. Do not overtighten or you run the risk of pinching the O-ring too much or creating a leak. Turn on the pump and watch for leaks. If needed, slowly tighten a little more.

For a sanity heck, let's ask @1poolman1 to confirm.
Good advice.
Have never seen tightening torque specs for anything pool related. I tighten "reasonably" tight. Run the system. No leaks, good. Leaks, tighten a BIT more. Never use power tools. That's a plastic tank that can be broken.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.