Hayward Pump Replacement - SP2610X15

Hello again, thanks in advance for the help.

Last fall, just before I closed the pool up my motor seized. I replaced the capacitor with no success. I am now in the market for a replacement. I would prefer to replace like for like with the exception of upgrading to a 2 speed motor. I already have a Hayward controller that I will use with the salt system to operate the speeds. In a perfect world I would get a direct replacement, leaving the plumbing intact, and bolt the new motor/impeller to the existing pump basket. Then keep the new basket for when I push back the few feet and redo the plumbing in the next year or two.

I currently have a SP2610X15. Is the correct direct 2 speed replacement SP2610X152S the best path forward or am I losing better options being lazy? Unfortunately, INYO is out of stock of the 2S.

Thank you.

Do you have any special flow requirements?

The pump is oversized. Why not switch to a variable speed pump?

Two speed motors are expensive.

By the time you buy the motor and seal and anything else, you're not going to save very much money.

Consider switching to a variable speed pump and redo the plumbing that you're planning to redo.

I do not have any special flow requirements, just basic rectangle. I had considered VS before, but all my research has always led me back to the 2 spd since my energy is reasonable priced. Also, I think the 2 spd will be able to be controlled by the AuqaLogic (PL Plus from memory) controller, where the VS might have some complications there.

In order to move my equipment and replumb, I have to push back an existing retention wall for so that is the hold up there. That will not be done by spring open.

I appreciate the feedback, this is exactly the advice I was looking for.

Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.