Hayward ProLogic issue - HELP/ Pump will not come on

parkinsmith

Gold Supporter
Apr 30, 2021
Clifton Texas, Lake Whitney
HELP !!!! Woke up this morning to the pump, not running, and this message System Manual Off. There is power to the system. When I hit the filter button, the pump will not come on any insight or advice? We have tried resetting the breakers to no avail. It is a Hayward Pro Logic automation and Hayward VS pump Tristar . Pool is 6 mionths old . Going to be hot in TX today , I am thinking I need o get some water moving somehow ?

Attachments

• System Manual Off.jpg
    System Manual Off.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 6
There is a Configuration Menu Locked procedure described in the wiki. Sounds like you do not have that issue.

If you can go into Service, then turn on the pump doing that. Add liquid chlorine if necessary until you get the system sorted out.

There is a Configuration Menu Locked procedure described in the wiki. Sounds like you do not have that issue.

If you can go into Service, then turn on the pump doing that. Add liquid chlorine if necessary until you get the system sorted out.
To go onto service do I hit the service button? Then once in there what do I do ? I have neve been in service mode and do not have an understanding as to how that works

Push the Service Mode button. You should then be able to go to the pump control screen (at the pump) and use that to operate the pump.

Push the Service Mode button. You should then be able to go to the pump control screen (at the pump) and use that to operate the pump.
First of all THANK YOU ! I did this and here is what happened . Pushed serv button , opened pump controler , nothing was lit on that it looked dead, teh screen not lit, pushed the on off button nothing happened meaning the displayl on the pump still looked dead ( not lit ) I closed the pump conrol panel feeling defeated . I went back to the pro logic panel and pushed the serv button to take it out of serv mode , about a min later after the serv light went out the PUMP STARTED UP ! On the Pro Logic display it says Fliter Speed 2760 RPM Speed 1 .

Here are a few questions:
1. What did I do ? Did the system get reset or is there likely some issue I have called service techs and am waiting to hear back.
2. Is the pump being controlled by the pump bypassing the Pro Logic now and therefore not going to run on various speeds associated with the timers? The display on the pump controller is still blank ( not lit)
3. Should I just let it run at that speed until I can get someone out? ( who knows how long that will take ) . I am afraid to touch anything now that it came back on .
4. Should I mess with it more to try to adjust speed?

I am not an expert on that brand of automation. I would suspect that the push buttons on the control panel are getting intermittent. The system is pretty old and your climate is pretty harsh. Hayward ProLogic - Further Reading

It is odd the pump screen is blank. That may be the Hayward system. The system now should be running your normal schedule.

I am not an expert on that brand of automation. I would suspect that the push buttons on the control panel are getting intermittent. The system is pretty old and your climate is pretty harsh. Hayward ProLogic - Further Reading

It is odd the pump screen is blank. That may be the Hayward system. The system now should be running your normal schedule.
Thanks again !!!! At least I have water moving until I can get someone out here .

Do you have a wired/wireless remote by any chance? Is it possible you hit the "System off" button on the remote by mistake?

You might try pressing that button again and see if you get the same message as before. If so, I believe the unit is operating as designed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do you have a wired/wireless remote by any chance? Is it possible you hit the "System off" button on the remote by mistake?

You might try pressing that button again and see if you get the same message as before. If so, I believe the unit is operating as designed.
Thanks , I do . That could have been what happend . So if system if turned off by a wireless remote it must be turned back on using that remote . I did not use the remote at all but I guess it is possible that could have happened.

I believe you should be able to use any remote or the local display to toggle through the service modes.

Last edited:
Thanks Mark -- no mention of a remote at first! Good catch.
I did not know to mention I have a wireless remote that is in the house on a base station . I never use it or touch it. If I do use it in the future to turn off the filter for some reason do I then need to use it to turn it back on ?

The pump is still running today and the Hayward service guy will be out next wednesday to take a look at everything . Thanks again for the help.

If you place the controller into service mode from any control pad, then you should be able to turn it off from any control pad. It does not have to be the same control pad.

Do you use a pool service for maintenance?

Reactions: parkinsmith
If you place the controller into service mode from any control pad, then you should be able to turn it off from any control pad. It does not have to be the same control pad.

Do you use a pool service for maintenance?
I did have pool service that was provided by builder BUT I was always here when they came ( did not trust them) the service guy had not touched the equipment prior to this happening. I have let them go and now doing it on my own.

Reactions: mas985
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.