Hayward Prologic and solar

graemem

Jun 21, 2023
Guelph, Ontario
I have a Hayward Prologic PL-P-4, GVA24 Hayward actuator on a 3 way Jandy valve. I have plugged in the Solar sensor to the Prologic, i plugged the GVA into Valve-3. I can manually activate the valve using the iPhone aquaconnect app. I went into the setting and changed the Solar setting to Enabled, Solar Extended to Enable. I set Valve-3 to Solar as well. In the Settings on the Prologic i set the Solar Temp to 90. My expectation was when the Solar sensor is 8 degrees higher than the Pool water temp it should open the valve-3 and the water should flow to the Solar heater. It doesnt ever open the valve automatically even though it was 11 degrees above.
I then changed the Valve-3 to a timer and went into the Timers menu and set it to open the valve at 12pm-6pm and run at 75%. Worked perfectly.
Why will the Solar not work?

Welcome to the forum!

Do you have an external heater and is it enabled? If so, you may need to enable solar priority OR you can just disable the heater by pressing Heater1.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.